Home Forums General Technical Help 997 con rods

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  royalerp16 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

royalerp16
    Participant
    Club Member

Good morning and Happy New Year for tomorrow,

I am currently building a 997 engine and have 3 sets of con rods, one set have the larger 3/8″ diameter big end bolts which I intend to use, unlike the other sets which have metal tab washers to locate the bolts this set does not. My question is, should they also have tab washers or were these done away with when the larger bolts were introduced. I was also considering using spring washers. I look forward to all your advice.

Martin

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

.and Happy New Year to you …. my first time on line after a week of ” internet detox ” caused by Plus Net disabling my phone line …….

… Although the Haynes manual talks of them, I found no tab washers on big end or main bearing  bolts  on my factory build 1967 1200cc block … JAN ( one of the most  knowable guys )  said that was normal  … https://105eoc.com/forums/topic/scored-big-end-cause-of-low-oil-pressure/

Tho the big end bolts seem to be 9/16 (socket size) in that case.

royalerp16
    Participant
    Club Member

Thanks for the info,

With further studies of the rods, there is no facility on them for the use of a tab washer unlike the other sets so I have gone without.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.