Home Forums General Overseas/non UK Australian ID plate info

• This topic has 48 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by Graeme.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Cherrydanish
    Participant

@Anglia Dave wrote:

That and the fact that I had a white sedan 20 years back and always regretted selling it.

Me too :( A little white one with a grey interior

Anglia Dave
    Participant
    Club Member

The wagon had drums all round when we bought her which were less than impressive.

I originally did a quick swap to the Mk2 Cortina GT discs from my sedan but the calipers needed an overhaul.

The current work has seen a rebuild of the back drums with new linings and cylinders, braided hoses all round, a rebuild of the P16 GT calipers including stainless pistons, caliper spacers to allow them to fit over vented and drilled discs, new master cylinder and a remote VH40 booster. Just need to bleed them up and give them a try.

Matt99
    Participant

Did mk2 cortina front end fit on or was moification needed im trying to find the easiest way to do it

Anglia Dave
    Participant
    Club Member

The MK2 Cortina swap is supposed to be one of the easier ways to get discs on the front of your Anglia although I am a little fuzzy on the specifics of the change as my sedan had them on already. It looks like you cut off the Cortina Spring saddles and weld on the Anglia ones as the Cortina springs are a little larger in diameter and could touch the Anglia body. It looks like the steering arms that bolt to the bottom of the strut are also Mk2 Cortina but that could be it for the changes. Top mount and spring remain Anglia.

Someone that has carried out the swap from scratch may need to correct me but I think what I have mentioned above is correct

Matt99
    Participant

great thanks Dave ill look into the possibilities :-)

Matt99
    Participant

Hi Cherry
    After being away for quite some time ive come back and now I have 2 anglias to play with thought id check out you re tables as the latest one I have bought vicroads have listed as a 1961 but im pretty sure its a 64 :-)

Cherrydanish
    Participant

It wouldn’t surprise me! Happy to help you out if I can Matt99. Do you have the details from the ID plate?

Cheers,
    Cherry

Rox
    Participant

Hi! Great info, thanks. I’ve got a few in the yard, all model 21112 except one… It is model 2118, and also it’s front apron is different -instead of just an opening in front of the radiator (behind the alloy grille) there are horizontal bars across the opening which are part of the front sheet metal. I’ve never encountered this before on any other Anglia I’ve owned… Any ideas on what this model is? Or why it’s different the the usual Anglia Deluxe we got in Australia? Thanks

Matt99
    Participant

is it definatly a 105e? not maybe a 100e or 107e perhaps? any pics ? :-)

Andeh
    Participant

@Rox wrote:

Hi! Great info, thanks. I’ve got a few in the yard, all model 21112 except one… It is model 2118, and also it’s front apron is different -instead of just an opening in front of the radiator (behind the alloy grille) there are horizontal bars across the opening which are part of the front sheet metal. I’ve never encountered this before on any other Anglia I’ve owned… Any ideas on what this model is? Or why it’s different the the usual Anglia Deluxe we got in Australia? Thanks

Like this?

That would be a standard (none-deluxe) model, if so.

Rox
    Participant

The opening looks like the Standard pictured above but has the Deluxe grille trim over the top of it. I thought we only got Deluxe here in Australia…?

Cherrydanish
    Participant

Hi Rox,

Yeah, I’m pretty sure we only got the Deluxe model here in Aus so it’s likely that yours is a private import. Any pics?

Cheers,
    Dani

Rox
    Participant

Will post pics this evening:)

Rox
    Participant

/Users/roxdar/Desktop/Anglias/IMG_6894.JPG
    /Users/roxdar/Desktop/Anglias/IMG_6895.JPG

Rox
    Participant

ok, so newbie question…. how do I upload photos? I’m on a mac…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.