Home Forums General Overseas/non UK Australian ID plate info

• This topic has 48 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by Graeme.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Rox
    Participant

The car definitely has the Standard style front apron with horizontal bars in radiator opening, but has Deluxe grille trim over top, Deluxe boot lid badge, Deluxe ribbed seats/interior, and Deluxe external chrome/stainless side trim along the body line. It also has shiny trim pieces on the steering wheel spokes, which I havn’t seen before either. Strange little beast ;) Keen to find out a bit more about it if I can.

Cherrydanish
    Participant

Hi Rox,

Here’s a bit of a photo posting guide from the forum. I use photo bucket on a mac (and iPad and iPhone) and I find it pretty simple…

Your car sounds like it would be one of the earliest in Australia. The metal inserts on the steering wheel were only used on the earlier models as it was then deemed a hazard due to glare.

I’m wondering if your car might have been one of the first cars brought here to test the market with? It’s really hard to tell due to the records having been destroyed by Ford. What colour is it?

Rox
    Participant

retry

Rox
    Participant

Thanks Cherrydanish !
    Photos are from when she came home, still filthy ;)
    I found it for my wife on internet with intentions of restoring, but found out that a previous owner had forklifted the car via the passenger side door frame/roof and bent it all out of shape :( Bought it anyway as they are hard to find here in Oz. We have another roof salvaged from a wrecked Anglia that we were hoping to have transplanted if it couldn’t be repaired, but this week we bought another white 105e in much better condition and will restore that instead. Only just realised the differences in this blue one when comparing grille trims whilst looking for the best one for our white project -now I am intrigued about the blue one lol

Cherrydanish
    Participant

Wow! It’s very organic haha!

It’s certainly different to any others I’ve seen. The Deluxe badge has the extended ‘e’ which is not common. And do the door armrests have a decorative metal plate on them or is it vinyl? Either way, I’ve never seen that before.

Does it have the ID plate in the engine bay? It would be interesting to see how the numbers compare to other Aussie ones.

Cheers,
    Dani

Rox
    Participant

Ok, so curiosity has got the better of me, so here is some more photos to help identify!
    The armrest on drivers side has a white/cream trim piece on top, but the left side has padded vinyl armrest. Door trims are two-tone – the piece around the armrest and handles is different to rest. Rear seat seems to be vinyl with cloth inserts on the 2 seat areas. Also noticed the interior roof lining is in a patterned/textured material different to usual. And floor vinyl is different to my others as it has ribbing… Also, firewall numbers look completely different to all my others too!

Rox
    Participant

Lol Ive managed to end up with 4 105e’s in my yard… Still have my very first car #1 (all black) which I bought when I was about 15 (i’m 40 now) and registered for a few years when I got my licence-but it is getting pretty rusty, although I am hoping to repair it and install 1600 xflow and type 9 5 speed at some stage. #2 is a badly rusted (blue) I bought for bits and pieces. #3 is the oddball we are currently discussing ;)
    and #4 is our latest acquisition which I have been trying to buy off its previous owner since I was 15… 25 years later he finally gave in! Thankfully, as it had been moved from the shed and been left to sit under a dreaded peppercorn tree for many years (same thing caused the rust in my black 1) -fresh battery, fuel and coil and she ran!

Estate Antony
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Rox. You’ll need to put the pictures onto a picture hosting website like Photobucket (it’s free and easy to use). Then you’ll be able to add them to your posts using the “Img” button in the “Full Editor”.

Rox
    Participant

I did…. then I created an album and moved everything :(
    will try again.
    RHS door handle
    LHS door handle
    firewall id numbers
    ID plate
    rear seat cloth and vinyl
    floor covering
    roof lining
    :( roof damage

Rox
    Participant
    Rox
    Participant

So, our weirdo blue anglia has serial prefix on ID plate: “2BM.4.60” -so I am guessing that means April 1960 build date? And British built? The plate says “Ford Motor Company of Australia” though.
    Still curious about it having a different model number too: 2118 instead of the usual 21112….

Cherrydanish
    Participant

Hi Rox,

Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply!

I’d say you’re right. Three Anglias born in April 1963! The strange blue one is likely to be April 1960. I can’t find out anything about the 2118 code unfortunately.

Does this seem right for your trim code on the white one?
    A647 P.V.C Trim:Sierra Beige/Thaxted Beige Floor:Beechwood Brown 9/62 – 9/63

The headlining on your blue one is another mystery. It’s a design called ‘Nimbus’ and I’ve not known it to be used for a 105e before. The usual is either Confetti or Lodestar depending on the build date and very early ones may have used the wave pattern. http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/tech-interior-head.htm

Also with the armrests, the one you have on the passenger door is the early 2piece 105e armrest. I’ve never seen the drivers door one before but I have a feeling that my car had them originally as there’s a mark on the door card that looks the same shape and doesn’t match either the 2piece or the regular style.

The ribbed flooring I’ve seen on a friend’s 1960 Anglia. Might have been only on early models too?

I’m still wondering if your blue car was a model used to test the Aussie market?

Cheers,
    Dani

Rox
    Participant

Thanks Dani! Yes, I think the interior for the white one is about right.
    The blue one is proving to be quite interesting! Of course it’s the car I had decided to sell in order to help fund the restoration of the white car, as I already have another (blue) wreck to donate parts for my restoration of my white car and modification of my first black car…. Now it sounds like it could be the most interesting of the 4 lol! I’m sure it could be restored -I even have a full replacement roof for it from the donor car if needed- but I have too many projects already ;) Hopefully I can find someone to love it!

Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

See here for details on how to upload images.

Rox
    Participant

Thanks, got Photobucket sorted ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.