Home Forums General Overseas/non UK Australian ID plate info

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Ken B
    Club Member

Gary can you perhaps sticky this topic into the tech section of forum or transfer the main info into the main website tech section somehow. A lot of info in here that would help our Overseas friends on a question that gets asked quite frequently elsewhere and It a pain to keep trying to find this thread. I couldn’t find a sticky button on my mod tools.

daz68
    Participant

Really helpful information!

Unfortunately though my Ford Anglia 105e doesn’t seem to conform to the information, so wondering if anyone can help.

Serial prefix: 2S1161
    Serial Number: 3294
    Model: 2111
    Paint: 2-8-8-8
    Trim: 991
    Body: U4030

I have been told it is a 1961, but wondering if in fact it might be a 1960? I am looking to restore back to factory original so keen to decode the paint codes in particular.

Thanks
    Darren

philgodman
    Participant

I am picking up my latest Anglia tomorrow – this will be the sixth one I have owned…

Reading some of the comments above about Ford Australia numbers – I wasn’t satisfied with the answer to the ABSXD code – because that is exactly the same as my new one! So, I also have a 1962 XL Falcon, and the ID plates are very similar. Digging on the Falcon Forum I can add some more info to what’s been said:

-FOUR-digit Model codes, were only used on Falcons up to XK’s ( i.e. up to late 1961)

-FIVE-Digit models were used after that: first three numbers are a combination of body type, fitting level and appointments (luxury level); last two numbers are a combination engine/transmission code. So, most Anglias were   xxx12,     i.e. 997cc engine with manual trans.

– I found a different year/month table which makes more sense. It shows A=1961, B=1962, C=1963, & D=1964. But the months are different to the table shown earlier in this Forum. In MONTH ORDER they go A B C D E F G H I O X Y.  This remains the same for all years from 1961-1964, then changes – possibly the same as the table shown earlier.

So, X= November. That means ABSXD was built in November 1964. The other model mentioned earlier was ABSEC – so that would be May 1963.

I think the B stands for Broadmeadows build – I will have to look up some more of the Falcon info. There is also something about identifying age from the suspension tower stamp, I will check up on that tomorrow.

Graeme
    Participant

Hi Dani
    i cant see YC on your plate to make it a 1963.
    are you able to help with mine.
    ABSED.
    Graeme

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.