Home Forums Autojumble Anglias and Parts Wanted Autojumble Rules & Recommendations (Updated: 03/09/2013)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

The Ford Anglia 105E Owners Club provides the “Autojumble” section of the forum to allow our users to put up requests for parts wanted, and to sell parts they have which might be of use to other members.

Threads in these sections will have a number of “Prefixes” available to use – this will help your thread be correctly identified.

The prefix can be selected when posting a new thread, and changed by clicking on the Edit button on the first post of the thread.

Available prefixes are:
    [FS] – For Sale
    [Sold] – All items sold
    [WTB] – Want To Buy
    [Bought] – I’ve got what I wanted!

Any transactions that take place between members are conducted entirely between the members in question at your own risk, and the Club do not have any responsibility or obligations with regards to issues or complaints.

Some basic rules for posting:

• Post full description, quantities (if applicable)
    • Post photos of items for sale where possible.
    • A price must be stated against all items for sale.
    • State where you are located – this may be the difference between someone making an offer or not.
    • Do not post multiple active threads if you have multiple items to sell at once. This is unfair to visibility of threads of other members if one member has multiple threads on the first page.

Guidelines for members:

When deciding to buy or sell from a member, it is recommended to obtain the following details:

• Full name
    • Full address, including house name/number, street, city and postcode
    • Landline telephone number, preferably for the above address. Mobile numbers are useful for contact.
    • Confirmation of the details of the trade.
    • Payment method
    • A clear understanding of when money will be paid and goods sent/received.

Once you’ve obtained these details, it would be a good idea to write them down on a piece of paper – computers can and do fail!

Payments:

Where possible, do not send money via “PayPal Gift” – by doing so, you forfeit any rights you have as a purchaser and lose the protection of PayPal. Use the option of “Payment for products or services”, and use a PayPal Fee Calculator, such as this one to calculate how much you will need to send so that the other person receives the amount they requested after fees have been removed[/list]

Bank Transfers also provide no protection, but in most cases do not incur any charges – a useful alternative to PayPal Gift and just as quick.

Website Administrator

Andrew
    Participant
    Club Member

Just wondering, what’s wrong with making offers via PM or email?

Andrew

Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

Visibility of the sale, and to give people a chance to know whether an offer has been made on an item.

A number of times (on other forums) I’ve put an offer in a thread, only to find that someone has already made an offer via PM. Or, as a seller, getting a load of PMs/emails and trying to tally up with stuff occurring in the thread. Another forum I’m on, which includes the “no PM/email offers”, provides a much better selling/buying experience in my opinion.

Website Administrator

Dalek
    Participant

Don’t agree with this all all regarding the no offers via pm or email.

On one hand we have “Any transactions that take place between members are conducted entirely between the members in question at your own risk, and the Club do not have any responsibility or obligations with regards to issues or complaints.”

On the other i have to publicly show the entire internet, provided they can or have logged onto this forum, how much money i am paying for something, i think not ! If i call the person, have i to take notes of the conversation and post them in the thread, no that would be a bit silly wouldn’t it, a bit like posting how much you are offering.

Another point is you will have a long thread of people posting “bids”

I offer you £50, the next £51, £75, £100 and a mars bar etc… :roll:

An easier solution would be to make people selling state a price, or have another section for offers, but i think you know what you want for something if your selling don’t you ? Of course you do…

Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

Amended – I thought it might be a good idea, as it works well on another forum I’m very active on…

I’ve removed that line about no PM/email offers – lets be honest, with PMs enabled on this forum, I can’t easily enforce it! ;)

The “you must post a price” will still stand – if you’re selling something, you know what price you’re wanting.

(I guess this shows that people do read announcements ;))

Website Administrator

Dalek
    Participant

@Confused wrote:

(I guess this shows that people do read announcements ;))

Thanks for changing it.

Glad to see that others points of view are taken on board and it’s not a dictatorship :)

Craig

Andrew
    Participant
    Club Member

Nice one, makes sense I think.

You’d have to use PMs to exchange phone numbers, addresses etc, so as you imply, hard not to mention a price at the same time!

As long as there’s a ‘Sold’ post at the end I can’t see a problem. Maybe the sold threads could be deleted?

Anyway, thanks for all your time spent sorting this stuff out!

Cheers,

Andrew

paddi
    Participant
    Club Member

Yup – all makes sense to me. I think it’s vital that the seller states a price, otherwise things can get out of hand and tempers fray!

Cheers Garry

:D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.