Home Forums General General topics Engine colour

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sharknose67 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sharknose67
    Participant
    Club Member

I’m in the middle of restoring my ’61 Anglia.

The engine is out and before I put it back in the car I would like to sray it in the original factory colour.

Can anyone tell me what the factory colour for GB Fords was?

Johann
    Participant
    Club Member

I think blue, same as used for Ford tractors.  I don’t know the colour code.

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

My ’67 Anglia ,  there are traces of black paint on the sump & rocker cover (from the factory), but the block there is no discernable paint .

JAN
    Participant

107E castings were a dark green (I think Small Ford Spares sell it) with the sheet metal parts black. I would have thought that this applied to the Anglia too.

member2617
    Participant

I have seen green, black and grey on 105E engines and boxes, I reckon it could have something to do with where it was built, and maybe when. The grey is a Dove Grey used on Fergie tractors. To be honest I would paint the block either green or grey, would give you half a chance finding a leak.

Ken B
    Club Member

Blue was Fords exchange engines, seen a few of those and my Dad had one in his Corsair. I’ve had several original Anglia cars/vans but there doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to what colour came from where. Dark green or black are the usual engine block/head colours. Never seen an original car with grey. Come across several that have had Uniparts Gold Seal exchange engines, painted gold obviously. Once had a NOS complete crate 997 cc engine and that was all black. Nearly all gearboxes seem to be the dark green though.

sharknose67
    Participant
    Club Member

Thanks all for the responses.

I think there is no clear answer to my question.

As there were traces of black on the engine I decided to have it sprayed black.

I will open a topic soon to keep you all posted on the restoration.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.