Home Forums General Technical Help First road run for 17 years!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fortyfour 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fortyfour
    Participant
    Club Member

Took the car out for a run today. Just about a ten mile round trip, but it’s the first time she’s been on the road since 2002!

She ran ok except that the speedometer, temperature gauge and fuel gauge aren’t working.

I’m guessing it’s down to the long spell of inactivity, but since it’s also 17 years since I did anything on an Anglia, any suggestions welcome.

JAN
    Participant

Has the instrument panel been removed at any time and replaced without first connecting everything? The speedo is mechanically operated by a cable screwed into the back of the instrument and the gauges electrically, so otherwise they would not have a common cause.

fortyfour
    Participant
    Club Member

Has the instrument panel been removed at any time and replaced without first connecting everything? The speedo is mechanically operated by a cable screwed into the back of the instrument and the gauges electrically, so otherwise they would not have a common cause.

No, the instrument panel hasn’t been touched. She was away getting a bit of welding and paint work done, plus brakes and clutch but nothing electrical. With my skill level, I was kind of hoping everything would unstick itself after a few miles and work again, but that’s not a great approach eh?

fortyfour
    Participant
    Club Member

Could there be a common fault that’s causing the problem with the temperature and fuel gauges? All other warning lights on the dash are working fine.

fortyfour
    Participant
    Club Member

Fuel gauge is working fine now. Probably just unstuck itself after so long in the same position.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.