Home Forums General Technical Help Hazard lights

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  brianw 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Mo
    Participant
    Club Member

Has anyone fitting a hazard light switch into their Anglia so that all 4 indicators flash when switched.

Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

Our Events organisers have done so – I’m not sure of the exact details!!

It has been discussed about making a tried and tested kit available via the Club Spares scheme, as part of our expansion of products to include some “modernisation” and safety products.

So, I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread!

Website Administrator

Terrys
    Participant
    Club Member

fords used to make accesory kit for this sixties or seventies i have one somewhere

JAN
    Participant

I’ve fitted them to the Prefect. If the hazard unit uses bullet connectors, or you fit it with bullets, it isn’t difficult.

Mo
    Participant
    Club Member

I found that the following do what looks like a good simple kit. http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/406 All you have to do is supply the wiring.
    I have ordered one, £25.11 which includes VAT & Delivery for the standard bulb one. Will post on here once I have fitted it.

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

The Smart M4 development is turning the Hard Shoulder to “running lane” ..Conking Out there would be worrying. So i’m getting interested in Hazard lights.
    Hi Mo, is the Autoelectricsupplies kit working out ok ? ….Looking at their wire diagram, it seems if one accidentality leaves the indicator switch in left or right, turns off the ignition & turn on the hazard, there is a connection back through the indicator flasher, to the car side of the ignition switch, providing voltage to the ignition etc with every hazard flash. But it wouldn’t cause any problems , would it?

JAN
    Participant

I don’t know about that system. I have a normal Lucas self-illuminated pull out hazard switch on the Prefect with all the required wiring built in to switch off the standard indicators when hazards are required. Everything plugged into the standard loom; no modifications required. I still see them for sale at autojumbles.

Ken B
    Club Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-KIT-CAR-Hazard-Warning-Light-Switch-KIT-COMPLETE-with-bracket/303032562097?epid=1154131254&hash=item468e25f1b1:g:SCkAAOSw5pRcQFe9

I have one of these on my Corsair, just fitted it using proper bullet connectors rather than scotchbloks into the existing indicator wiring. Just requires a permanent live and doesn’t affect anything else on the car and took about 15mins to fit.

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

Thanks, they sound better than the Morris https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=47732 where a guy simply connects the left & right indicators, with a switch !

Ken B
    Club Member

tbh with these smart motorways becoming ever more popular, I’m also thinking about carrying a magnetic plug in flashing amber rotating light you can put on your roof. Anything to make your car more visible at the hour of need.

Having seen two near misses on Friday evening on such motorways, one with the family still sat in the flipping car, it just reinforces my thoughts smart motorways are a damn crazy idea.

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Ken B , Do you know where I can get compatible bullet connectors ? & Yes…. a damn crazy idea…

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

Have I got this right ? somewhereunder the dash ( behind the tape player & other stuff that filled up the parcel shelf) the wires from the left & right indicators join the loom with bullet connectors, quite close to the steering column, which there is a bullet on the ends of all the wires & they are joined by a tube shaped barrel?

Just pull & the wire with bullet comes out ?

I have seen such things for sale sized as “4.7mm” sold as fitting “Triumph Landrover Morris” .. is Ford the same size ?

Ken B
    Club Member

British bullets are 4.7mm diameter. Different to the Jap/foriegn cars and the sh** you buy from Halfords in the multipack boxes.

These are what you want(link below) and just buy the multi bullet connectors you need where the column switch wiring joins the main loom at the above the parcel shelf. Yes it is that easy. You may need a wiring diagram to confirm colours etc when you do it.

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/27/category/6
    https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/29/category/6

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

Perfect ! Thanks KenB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.