Home Forums General General topics info on my anglia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    angliatech
    Participant

Looking at the history I got with anglia theres a letter from praticale classics mag thanking the owner for the feature.I am trying to find out more about it.If anyone has info on my car LAD 620E seafome blue deluxe saloon. Many thanks.

Smudger
    Participant

I have looked at the article in practical Classics for February 1992, and unfortunately your ‘Lad’ does not feature. Cars pictured are Standard Saloon 116AYT, Two tone deluxes BVJ788B and 1263ME, estate EYM689C, Super JVH818D, Van JBO222D and Venetian Gold Super saloon JFV**8F (can’t read the full number).

Practical classics did, of course, publish many articles on the 105e and derivatives, partially because John Williams was an Editor, and also our President for a number of years!

angliatech
    Participant

Thanks but I think the letter was from 1999 so maybe it’s in a latter mag.

HAZZAR
    Participant

@angliatech wrote:

Looking at the history I got with anglia theres a letter from praticale classics mag thanking the owner for the feature.I am trying to find out more about it.If anyone has info on my car LAD 620E seafome blue deluxe saloon. Many thanks.

Hi mate do you have any pics of the colour of your anglia as im trying to find out the colour name as mine thanks.

angliatech
    Participant

yeah it’s on 105speed.

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Angliatech,

I think your car may have been in South Wales previously.

There was definitely a Seafoam Blue deluxe with the number LAD xxxE.

Do you have any names of previous owners? My mother was Regional Officer for Wales at the time and the owner came to some meetings or club stands. Can’t remember his name but I think he was from the Gwent area.

I have been through all my old photos today but could find none of this car. I’ve asked my mum to look through her Anglia photos.

I’ve also been through each Practical Classics for 1999, checking the lists of featured cars in the front of each mag and your car does not appear to be in any.

Can you be more specific with the date of the 1999 letter from PC? It could be that the article appeared at the end of 98 or not until early 2000. Furthermore, is your car specifically referred to in the letter, or could it have related to another car belonging to the owner at that time?

Look forward to any further info you can provide….

Andrew

angliatech
    Participant

Thanks for the info and yes it did belong to a Mr Burkitt from raglan in gwent. It also has a plaque from annual show at whitbread magor on 7th june 1992.
    The letter from practical classics just says readers restoration story in novembers issue but has no date on the letter (the eitor is peter simpson)

That’s how it looked back then.

HAZZAR
    Participant

@angliatech wrote:

Thanks for the info and yes it did belong to a Mr Burkitt from raglan in gwent. It also has a plaque from annual show at whitbread magor on 7th june 1992.
    The letter from practical classics just says readers restoration story in novembers issue but has no date on the letter (the eitor is peter simpson)

That’s how it looked back then.

nice those were the dats when u could park it outside your house and no it would be still there when you got up the next morning . :)

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Yes – David Berkitt I think it was. The car is definitely the same one.
    Checked PC again and it did not appear in Readers Restorations in Nov 99 or Nov 98.

From what I remember the car was tidy back then – what’s it like now?

Andrew

angliatech
    Participant

It’s still solid but undergoing a restro as the years are starting to show.

angliatech
    Participant

Well this is how my anglia looks now.Hopefully will be finished in a month.

Burki_A
    Participant

Hi, that is my Anglia. Wonderful to see that it still exists. I can give loads of history on this car and it also appeared in a major 6 page article in Ford Heritage magazine in about 1992 which I still have a copy of. David Alan Burkitt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.