Home Forums General 107E Prefect My Current 107E

• This topic has 60 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by JAN.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    JAN
    Participant

Taken today, 23/07/08, in Matlock after a brisk run over The Cat and Fiddle into Derbyshire> It’s the last week of my holidays, so will try the Lakes tomorrow.

A few more shots of the car since I bought it in October 2006, 30,000 miles ago…

JAN
    Participant

Did the Lake district today – 225 miles in all.

Went through Windermere to Ambleside:

We then went on to Keswick, where it was bit dull and the car park wasn’t that photogenic anyway…! So then it was off to Penrith; this is the station:

We then tried to go into the town but it was parking for disc holders only. Since they didn’t want us there, we spent a pleasant time at Ullswater:

The Prefect is very well suited to the Lakes roads and thoroughly enjoyed herself. I can’t say I’m impressed with the X-Type Jags when their handling is obviously so poor: I was stuck behind one for 15 miles! As Graham will confirm, the old Prefect goes and handles as well she looks, and thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Anyway, that makes 30,500 miles since I collected her at the end of October 06!

angle box
    Participant
    JAN
    Participant

Had another trip to the Severn Valley Railway today; had a couple of opportunities for some nice, period shots.

The first was at Prees Heath again, as in one of the first photos on this board.

The second is at Hampton Loade station. The team engine is Stanier ‘Crab’ 2968, which has appeared here before!

The more observant of you might notice I’ve repositioned the fog lamps under the bumper from the ends to either side of the number plate. I think they’re a little more at home there!

JAN
    Participant

Had a cracking day today; another Lakes tour taking in many of the same roads we traversed in July, but this time with members of http://www.105speed.com. These are, as suggested, Anglias, awhose engines tend to be Lotus or Zetecs, complete with all the steering, suspension and brakes mods to go with them. I’m happy to say that BLC did not disgrace herself by being left in a cloud of dust (spray, anyway) but surprised one or two of the participants.

I think I’ll be there again next year!

The start point, home of RetroDick

Ullsewater

Andrew
    Participant
    Club Member

Very smart Jan, has it been in a magazine shoot? I seem to remember seeing one with that colour scheme featured somewhere.

Andrew

Anonymous
    Participant

Its a very nice car Jan, but whats with all the bits and pieces on the grille and bumper- it looks like a mantel piece lol. Ps ive not forgotten about your buddys car, im still offshore but hopefully will get back soon……. :lol:

JAN
    Participant

Each to their own, mate!

The 8A plate is a shed plate from a steam locomotive, 8A being Edge Hill, Liverpool. Not only is Liverpool my home town, but I was a guard at Edge Hill for a brief period, and as some of the photos show, steam engineds are my main interest.

The circular badge in tthe centre of the grille is original and came as standard with the car; the square ones are 100E Owners Club; I was a member before it became the Sidevalve Club in 1978. I’m now a member of that Club (was once its Chairman) and that is the other square badge.

As to the lights, I use the car all year round through some very dark roads. They ALL work! What’s more, the headlights are halogen so dark nights hold no fears. It’s like Blackpool going down the road!

Anonymous
    Participant

Well that clears that up :lol: all that stuff will keep your heater warm during the winter months aswell……..

JAN
    Participant

Incidentally, this was the car before I bought it.

Photo courtesy of Graham Carr and http://www.ford100e.com

Anonymous
    Participant

My word, there must have been some amount of man hours spent on polishing that thing!!

I managed to get my buggie moted yesterday, im still in shock – it sailed through with minimul problems.

JAN
    Participant

I’ve just bought ANOTHER pair of fog lamps from Ken. Now I wonder where I can…

Ken B
    Club Member

You’ll need another dynamo to run them, like those dynamo’s you see on the front of the old fairground traction engines :wink:

JAN
    Participant

Well, they’re now fitted – in place of the two under the bumper, not as well as them!

Anonymous
    Participant

You could buy one of those spotter shroud things the rally boys have and mount your extra spotters on the bonnet :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.