Home Forums General 107E Prefect My Current 107E

• This topic has 60 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by JAN.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    JAN
    Participant

I’d thought of that, but it’s a bit like following Mickey Mouse around!

JAN
    Participant

Had a good run out this weekend, first to our favourite B&B near Cleobury Mortimer:

Then down to Hay-on-Wye for yet more books, stopping off at Clee Hill on the way back to admire the view:

The Prefect ran perfectly throughout. I fitted a replacement diff a couple of weeks ago, which is virtually silent and makes to car even more of a pleasure to drive!

JAN
    Participant

I want to keep the car in good order, so last weekend removed the front wings to de-rust and rust proof behind them. After wiping the A Posts with white spirit, this is wht appeared:

After a thorough Waxoyling, the wings were refitted. Repairing here is one job I might never need to do!

andrewoverton
    Participant

The 107e is proof of if looked after properly even with removal of wings which are better i think toremove and probably easier than anglia wings can show a solid underneath.
    great picture to see even a car put through its paces all year round can still have no rot or corrosion. i bet if the 107Es of the past had had wings checked maybe we may have more left but i guess along with all classics of today it was just a car back in the day.
    the 100E bodyshell is a solid shell and can survivr well if again looked after .
    glad to hear you are so enthusiastic with your prefect and it is giving lots of attention in 2009.

markc
    Participant

Beautiful car Jan….pass you most mornings on my way thru’ Abram.

JAN
    Participant

Yeah, for some reason, Abram has quite a few classic cars around! What are you driving?

markc
    Participant

pm sent

JAN
    Participant

Retro Ford, with the article about the Prefect, now on sale.

They’ve done a really good job, so thanks to all at RF.

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

Jim,

Will we be seeing your beauty next week at the NEC? And the 107e?

JAN
    Participant

Yes mate: Sunday.

I wouldn’t miss our exchange of insults for the world!

JAN
    Participant

Well, what can I say?

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

I feel sorry for that poor lady that you have abducted from the road side, and then made her sit in your motor. How much did you pay her? :lol:

JAN
    Participant

All my wages – every month! I have to say that when she saw that front cover, she said it was grounds for divorce. Looks like I’ll be getting used to a diet of stale bread and gruel for a while.

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

I want to meet this lady and shake her hand. :lol: :lol:

JAN
    Participant

This might come as a shock to FSOC members: a page in the April edition of SV News!

I dared the Editor to publish it, and he did!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.