Home Forums General 107E Prefect My Current 107E

• This topic has 60 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by JAN.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Jason105e
    Participant

It’s been said before Jim, and I expect it will be said again. It’s a cross some of us have to bare!!!!

andrewoverton
    Participant

Wonder whos car it will be featured o na 107E usually its any other Ford featured in classic car magazines i think Jims Maroon 107E article was the first in years .I do feel it is about time the 107E got more in the spotlight so will look out for the magazine when its out.

Jason105e
    Participant

Andrew,

Easy answer to that is, if you have one, flaunt it. There’s no better publicity than driving one.

Jim flaunts his all the time. Vulcan grey isn’t it?????

JAN
    Participant

Well, now that the October mag has dropped through the door, I’ll post up a few more photos!

Some of my earlier 107Es:

The all-maroon one, 984 FLV, I still have, but BOA was sold when I bought BLC.

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Jim,
    What’s the likely cause of the damage to the piston pictured in the mag?
    Andrew

JLS
    Participant

jan,
    Was it the camera or the operator that was a bit out of focus – too many whiskies in the van?

JAN
    Participant

@JLS wrote:

jan,
    Was it the camera or the operator that was a bit out of focus – too many whiskies in the van?

The car wouldn’t stay still!

JAN
    Participant

@andrew123e wrote:

Hi Jim,
    What’s the likely cause of the damage to the piston pictured in the mag?
    Andrew

I’d say pre-ignition, but I don’t know the cause.

JAN
    Participant

We had a run up to the Lake District today; this was at Esthwaite Water. Tomorrow it will be Skipton, and next Wednesday Bridgnorth, and a copuple of weekends after that, Kidderminster, and a run down to the book village that is Hay-on-Wye. Must also nip down to see my sister in Htchin at some point, and my cousin in Warwick. Good job Wigan is fairly central!

Andeh
    Participant

Should have called in JAN, could have gone for a drive together! Lovely day for it. 8)

JAN
    Participant

@Andeh wrote:

Should have called in JAN, could have gone for a drive together! Lovely day for it. 8)

Shame I didn’t know! Anyway, Dick Knight has posted this on 105speed.com , and I hope to be there. Would that suit you?

Jim

Andeh
    Participant

Ah yes, next Wednesday at Hawes? I’ll be there!

JAN
    Participant

And we finally met!

Andeh
    Participant

Indeed, good to see the 107E, and yourself, in person. :)

JAN
    Participant

A pretty busy weekend: Saturday saw us in Kidderminster for a meeting of the Stanier Mogul Fund Committee, then Sunday saw Day 2 of the 105speed.com Lakes Tour. This started in Appleby, but I assume that Dick, the organiser, had the map upside down. The Lake District is to the west of Appleby, but finnished up at Middleton-in-Teesdale, having come very close to Bishop Aukland en-route. The photos were taken in the mists of yesterday morning; and in Middleton, where the sun came out!

As usual, it was a great day in excellent company. The roads were pleasant but less challenging than in previous years, allow a more relaxed meander around what we were assured was beautiful scenery, if only we could see it!

Over the two days, the car did about 500 miles.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.