Home Forums General General topics Saloon fuel tank

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Simon Lang
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi just some info pretty this has been asked 1000 times. Have a fuel tank that has been hanging around with the car for the best part of 35 years so you can imagine what I am faced with grit and treacle. Managed to remove some of it but need advise if anyone knows on something that would shift it. Obviously I want to try and keep the original if not there are some aluminium ones for sale has anyone got one and what are they like. Thanks. Simon

Romany Palmer
    Admin
    Club Member

Hi mate I don’t think you’ll have much joy getting it all out and will probably encounter problems with it blocking the fuel line later on as it dislodges more crud through use. I’ve got a couple of spare secondhand fuel tanks kicking around if you get stuck that maybe useable.

Simon Lang
    Participant
    Club Member

Thanks Mate. Was thinking the same. Will privite message you. Thanks. Simon.

Glyn Cable
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Simon
    I have recently bitten the bullet and bought a brand new aluminium tank through J and B spares they are on eBay I was having running problems and decided to go for the new tank as it’s my forever car but understand price wise that might not be an easy option
    What I can say is that it will probably last longer than me and is quite simply a piece of art welding wise I also got new hooks straps lines etc

What I didn’t know Was that J and B stands for John and Barbara Long term 105E spares people from back in the day as I wrote to John he is still helping me keep an Anglia on the road after last assisting 25 odd years ago Highly recommended

I also took his advise and purchased a New mini van sender unit for the tank no one makes a new one for the Anglia and mine was goosed it fits but needs a bit of bending on the arm but nothing a competent mechanic cant sort for you if you are not doing the job yourself best of luck!!!

Simon Lang
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Thanks for your message. I think I may have found one from a friend I am going to try and pressure wash my out now after it’s been soaking in a solution for a couple of weeks. If that does not shift I will ask my mate and if that’s not happening then I will go down that route.

Thanks. Simon.

brian marshall
    Participant
    Club Member

Not wishing to be a pedant but J&B stands for John and Brenda.

Glyn Cable
    Participant
    Club Member

Not at all Brian my head was saying Brenda but by the time the message got to my fingers it had turned into Barbara I am happy to stand corrected ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.