Home Forums General General topics Super Badge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Could someone please post a photo of a Super bonnet badge in original condition? I need the photo to be of good enough quality for me to see the colours.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

Andrew,

Do you know that they did some in red and gold and some in black and gold?

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

I vaguely remember something about this. Do you know whether the change was date-related? Or were both used, e.g. from two different suppliers of the plastic inserts?

Any pics of a Super bonnet badge in excellent condition would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Andrew

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

Andrew,

Here’s a pic of an old one I’ve just dug out for a pic. I also think it was something to do with the colour of the car – that had something to do with the colour of the badge.

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Many thanks for that Jase!

I think the other type had red somehow mixed with the silver – if anyone has a pic of one it would be great.

Ta,

Andrew

maximusprime
    Participant

whe i apinted my super badge, i painted silve in the grove ( from the back) and then u can lightly wipe it, as u wont wipe whats in the grove, then once tht dryed i paiinted an oragey red over the top. and the black and gold on the top half of the badge. :lol:

well thats how i did it anyway.

just thought id add that in as you sed some had red

i can take a pic for you if u want, but when i glued it in, the glue desolved the paint in places and it looks rubish now lol.

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Thanks for the reply – good idea to wipe away the excess, maybe even polish tthe back with T-cut afterwards before applying the red.

Aubone
    Participant
    Club Member

Nail varnish is good to cover the back of the badges and pillar badges. it covers very well. That is my excuse for having a bottle or two of nail varnish in my desk drawer!

williambird
    Participant

anyone got one for sale got the chrome just need the insert, or will buy a complete one, or can you buy remade one’s any were,?????????

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

How much you got to spend, considering the deluxe front panel badges are now selling on ebay in excess of £100!!! Very popular in Scotland apparently. :wink:

williambird
    Participant

someone will have one tucked away in there garage, I thought they would have been re made by now, If anyone has one let me know your price,
    thanks in advance, William.

Dalek
    Participant

I will have a look , i probably have a few.

Oh the scottish dig is at my expense (in both senses of the word) ehh Jase…

williambird
    Participant

That would be Great, would help me out as it’s just about ready for paint
    and just collecting the last few bit’s,

andrew123e
    Participant
    Club Member

Renovated this badge yesterday by cleaning off old paint, repainting with acrylic paint for the red and enamel plastic model paint for the black and the silver. The red isn’t the exact shade but I don’t think it would look out of place on a car.

Jason105e
    Participant
    Club Member

Andrew,

That looks very good indeed, and would look great on a white and something Super as it will stand out.

When can you start to take some orders for re-furbishing super badges?? :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.