Home Forums General Technical Help Temperature Sender CS08/LGB does not match Picture in 105eoc Shop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tueffti
    Participant
    Club Member

The part I received does not match the picture in the 105eoc shop. And it hardly fits to my engine.

I ordered CS08/LGB

If you compare it to the one I received you can see that its not the same layout.

The new sensor I got from the shop is the upper one in the following picture with the seal and the lower one is the defective one I removed from my engine (105e 997cc, novembre 1960).
    See the difference where the two sensors get tight, the new/upper one has a gasket that goes over the thread just below the hexagonal part. The old/bottom one has a chamfer to the left of the thread that seals against the head inside the bore.

In this picture you see that the new sensor can not go enough into the head to apply pressure to the gasket. It wont even touch. I had to use two copper rings to thighten this sensor.

In my opinion, this sensor does not fit to my engine correctly, so I whish the club sources another type of sensor.

I hope the pictures I linked are visible for everyone.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti. Reason: adding some comments
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti. Reason: Adding pictures
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti. Reason: still fighting with pictures
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti. Reason: pictures
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti. Reason: 3 times pictures
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti.
    member2617
    Participant

Can’t see any pictures at all.

Tueffti
    Participant
    Club Member

Now they should be visible

brianw
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Tueffti , I expect the club spares folk will answer soon. Looking on internet a number of suppliers offer Senders , some picture the old type & some the type you got sent, various prices.
    If the copper washers don’t work out, plumbers PTFE tape or sealer (eg Fernox XL-S)on the tread might

Does this “new” design give the correct reading on the gauge ?

Tueffti
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Brianw

Thanks for your reply.
    So far the two copper washers work well and the sender gives plausible results.
    I can life with that sender for the moment but hope the club will at least change the image in the shop.
    Even better, if he sources a sender that realy fits the engine

Cheers
    Rolf

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Tueffti.
    Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

Hi Rolf,

I’m sorry that it appears you have received the wrong part. I have forwarded this thread on to the relevant people, who will look into it and get in touch with you.

Garry

Website Administrator

Confused
    Admin
    Club Member

Oh, and for anyone seeing this in the future – an email to spares@105eoc.com is our preferred method of communication – this gets forwarded immediately to everyone involved in the Spares :)

Website Administrator

Tueffti
    Participant
    Club Member

Hi Garry
    I sent you a pm.

Tueffti
    Participant
    Club Member

Update:
    I had an exchange with Garry who confirmed the senders seem to be coded in red or black since production of the Anglias in that way. So choosing the black one to replace the black coded defective sender turned out to be the right choise in my case.
    So the sender works fine for me even with the two copper washers.

The parts description has already been updated:

Depending on your original head, you may have had a tapered or straight threaded sensor originally fitted, and depending on our current stock, a tapered or straight threaded sensor may be supplied. A tapered sensor one will fit any head but the straight threaded may have to have a washer behind it for some heads to seal.

Thanks Garry for your interventions.

Cheers Rolf

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.