We are actively looking for new committee members to take on the following positions: National Events Coordinator, and Spares Administrator. Additionally, our Van Technical guru Ken Bridges is stepping down.
National Events Coordinator
- Contact all area reps for list of show dates for the year, collate these dates and send to magazine and website, and keep list updated throughout the year
- Attend the AGM and committee meetings and give a report to members
- Arrange national events agreed by the committee, eg Powderham and Stratford-upon-Avon, advertise national events, attend the national events to ensure all goes well and send a report on them to the magazine editor
- Find a suitable holiday for club members and advertise it, ensure that all arrangements for the holiday are completed and that a report of the holiday is submitted for the magazine
Classic Motor Show at NEC
- Request a stand from the show organisers
- Complete the forms required by the organisers and write a risk assessment
- Decide on the theme of the stand and the design of stand, bearing in mind theme set by the organisers
- Select vehicles for the stand, and arrange attendence with owners. Write information card to display with vehicles
- Book accommodation at a hotel for those on the stand, liaising with the club secretary
- Inform those on the stand of all requirements for the show (eg drip tray, how to get in, ensure those setting up have the necessary forms, clothing footwear etc)
- Take equipment for stand, set up stand on set up day, ensure that the set up and break down are done safely and the stand area is left clean after the show
- Ensure a write up of the show is submitted, send thanks to all who helped and claim expenses for show from Treasurer
At all times deal with telephone calls, letters and emails as necessary and help and give advice to area and group reps when needed.
- Receiving and entering Orders sent via post into online system
- Depositing cheques into bank
- Payment of refunds and surcharges
- Responding to queries and promoting Spares via email, post, forum and Facebook etc
- Liaising with Spares Distributor and Spares Purchaser
- Transfer of funds from PayPal to bank
As always, all committee roles are up for renewal, so please contact Pam Smith if you are interested in any committee post.
Van Technical Advisor
After many years, Ken Bridges is stepping down as Van Technical Advisor. Having moved away from Anglias a few years ago, he has stayed around offering advice from his huge knowledge base. We wish Ken all the best with his new ventures, but I’m sure we’ll still see him around at a few shows!
If anyone would like to step up as technical advisor, please get in touch.